Our client has been in operation for over 40 years and has offices worldwide. They are currently looking for an Inside Sales Coordinator with shipping industry experience to join their team. The main purpose of the role is to provide sales support with a focus on developing and maintaining export sales volumes.
- Client contact by phone or e-mail.
- Maintain a list of target clients to be developed & maintained.
- Produce monthly market reports for specific trade areas.
- Produce business plans and compare against vessel profiles.
- Produce Export Cargo Forecasting as required by the headoffice.
- Focus on specific trade lanes which will be your responsibility to develop further as defined by the Commercial director.
- Develop good knowledge of all trade lanes and be available to assist on these trades as and when required.
- Rate quotations & follow-up
- To assist with planned target sales & marketing campaigns
- Implement Annual tenders & Request for Quotations.
- Implement the company policy for development of E-Commerce
- Assistance on customer services matters & service issues.
- To make sure that the customers are aware of all charges and all chargeable events are notified and freighted.
- To issue to all internal and external sales staff all freight tariffs/rate sheets/surcharges and amendments as guided by Head Office and/or the Trade Manager
- Liaison between customers, the outside sales teams and customer services and HO on negotiation of freight rates. This also involves timely handling of all inward emails, sales leads, progress chasing.
- To assist in targeting and planning of outside sales calls.
- To systematically record sales activity on the company’s Customer relationship Managment Systems.
KEY COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Good Communication Skills both on phone and face to face with current and potential Customers
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Confident to meet and build customer relationships
- Experience within the shipping industry
- Training will be provided from commercial team colleagues but operations knowledge will be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills (Microsoft packages - excel/email/PowerPoint etc.)
- Excellent time management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Driven and ambitious individual
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good teamwork ethic is essential for this role.
- Knowledge of Excel and Power Point
- Full Clean driving Licence essential.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs