Our client, a leading provider of specialised storage, e-commerce and logistics solutions now seeks a driven and proactive individual to join their operation in Dublin 24. The client is looking for an ambitious person to join their team and to help deliver their ambitious growth and profitability targets. The successful candidate will help drive our client's information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends and anticipating requirements, and delivering solutions. The role will generally adhere to standard working hours of 08.30- 17.00, however, some flexibility may be required on occasion.
The position will involve a lot of responsibility, autonomy and the ability to work off your own initiative. This is a key role within the management team to assist in achieving budgeted figures for the coming years.
The role will involve but is not limited to:
- Working closely with the MD and FD to drive efficiencies using internal IT systems throughout the business focusing on all operations, transport, goods in, stock control, pick pack, kitting CSR, and print management.
- Responsible for all integrations with their extensive customer listing. This will include file uploads, webshop integrations and reporting.
- Identify shortcomings in the current IT systems, rectify these, train personnel if required and deliver to a customers best in class IT experience.
- Be the escalation point for any IT problems.
- Maintain effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for both improving existing IT systems and implementing new ones.
- Work with colleagues to analyze data and processes to provide solutions and enhancements to offer best in class service to customers
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures along with information security and control structures.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluate trends, and anticipate requirements.
- Manage and maintain SAP B1 ERP system
- Drive an excellent customer experience through the use of IT system.
- Work on their own initiative and is naturally inquisitive
- Have an innovative approach to the role, always seeking to make improvements or suggestions to create seamless workflows.
- Desire to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Excellent IT skills and problem-solving abilities
- A highly organized and conscientious individual
- Have a passion to learn and succeed in the role
- Ability to both give and take constructive criticism
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-driven, proactive, and autonomous
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively with a team to solve problems
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly
- Ability to understand problems from the client perspective
- Bachelors degree or higher from a third-level institution
- 5+ years experience in IT, Operations or Project Management
- Strong SQL experience
- Previous client-facing experience preferred
- Understanding of IT architecture and standards preferred
Full-time, permanent, office-based
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Sean Lennon on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs