Junior Customs Clerk - Cork
- Freight Forwarding
- € 20000 - € 22000
- Cork, Cork City
Jobs in Customs are very rewarding and offer a unique opportunity to understand the import and export sector from a legal perspective. A Customs Clerk is involved in determining the level of duties and taxes to be paid including the processing of payments on behalf of clients.
This growing, national business is looking for an enthusiastic business graduate who wants to make a career in Customs. This a particularly interesting time to embark on this career due to the challenges of Brexit.
- You will be involved in calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid and may be required to sign documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients.
- Liaising with Customers.
- You will be entering details onto specialised customs software.
- Allocating the correct licence depending on type of goods being imported.
- You will be required to be fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations.
- You will be expected to maintain your understanding and keep up-to-date with changes as they occur, so as to be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
- You will also be required to prepare the necessary import documentation such as certificates of origin and cargo control documents.
Key skills and qualifications of a Customs Clerk
The job of Customs Clerk demands a thorough understanding of the law, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, political processes and agency rules.
- Strong communication skills are vital in this role both written and verbally, as you will be required to compile documentation and you must be able to interpret the law on behalf of customers in a clear and simple manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in the role of Customs Clerk as you will be dealing with various agencies in the course of your daily work.
- Strength in numerical processing required.
- Full training will be provided.
As this is a graduate trainee role, there may be the opportunity to develop across divisions within the business.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/