A progressive, Irish-owned, multinational manufacturing company, now seeks an experienced Logistics Coordinator. This is a new role within the organisation, driven by growth and development. Working within a small Supply Chain and Dispatch team of nine talented members, the role requires someone who is innovative and self-motivated to deliver superior service and knowledge.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in Freight administration and will ideally have an understanding of customs and revenue rules related. The company mainly trades between Europe, UK, China and USA. The role involves moving stock from global production and 3PL facilities so an understanding of US and APAC customs would be a distinct advantage.
You will work closely with Production Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain functions ensuring the following:
- Manage all worldwide Sea & Air Shipments
- Liaise with the freight partners
- Negotiate quotes from the freight providers for FY22 Shipments
- Manage all shipments documents including BOL etc
- Book all deliveries into our 3PL warehouse partners globally.
- Manage stock movements between our global warehouses – Ensuring Min Stock Holdings are achieved.
- Update dashboard file to reflect accurately when stocks will arrive in various markets
- Assist Senior / Junior Buyer as required.
- Be part of Kaizen project teams working on continuous improvement initiatives.
Experience & Skills :
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role dealing with air and ocean freight partners.
- Ideally have an understanding of customs and revenue rules related to shipments to UK, China and USA.
- Dynamic and innovative self-starter with ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Flexible, ability to work to tight deadlines (go the extra mile).
- Self-motivated with a strong goal and results orientation.
- Analytical, proactive decision maker with problem solving skills to resolve issues quickly.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Good “can do” attitude and an ability to work well in a team.
- “Hands-on” ability
- Proficient PC skills (MS Office)
- Experience in ERP systems
Permanent, Office based, Hours are 07:30 - 16:00 Hrs Monday - Thursday with a 14:15 Hrs finish on Friday!
For a confidential exploratory discussion on this or any other current opportunity, please contact Garvan Cerasi
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs