Globally recognised specialist manufacturer seeks an experienced Materials Planner to join their ever-growing operation in Dublin 15.
The purpose of the role is to support a supply chain infrastructure that enables achievement of business, operational and financial goals for Vessel Traffic Service (VTS) in the region, including Third Party Sales, Precision Plus, Field Service, and Service Hub activities. This position will work with Service management, Product management, and Customer facing teams to define requirements for Logistics and ensure that these are set up and operational.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage the process for inventory sizing of spares in the region using statistical methodology and coordinated input from the Regional and Central Logistics Planning Team, Spares Product Management & Service Hubs.
- To manage materials replenishment processes and supporting master data to ensure changes in the supply network, stock-holding points, material master data (ROP/Lead-times/Source) are maintained.
- To manage availability performance and supply of spares, monitoring metrics and working with PC supply teams and internal Service customers to manage priorities.
- To manage the impacts from new product introductions, engineering changes and product obsolescence and identify/implement the necessary changes to supply routes, inventory and demand planning and financial provisioning.
- To produce KPI reporting
- To be responsible for Spares Inventory in the Region including DCs, Hubs and Field to maximize customer service levels at the lowest supply chain costs.
- To manage inventories within the region ensuring they are optimized and sized to support the business.
- Provide and support key KPI reporting for spares into the Logistics group both for region and Global KPI reporting.
- To manage Spares availability in Region, monitoring performance and working with PC supply teams to manage priorities.
- Support the availability modelling and sizing tools used from forecast and Central Logistics teams to ensure availability and health of spares is both monitored and maximized.
- Degree in Engineering, Science or Business
- Detailed Supply Chain management knowledge and 2 to 3 years’ experience.
- Proven ability to deliver project objectives on time and to budget.
- Strong working knowledge of inventory management systems.
- Evidence of an analytical approach using qualitative and quantitative tools and techniques.
- Highly motivated and willingness to take the initiative for implementing continuous improvements and to achieve set goals and objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, including well-developed inter-personal skills relating to internal management members and global operations personnel.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of other transaction and planning systems (e.g. MAPICS, SAP) preferred.
- Proficient in English, written and speaking
Full time, Permanent
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Sean Lennon on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs