Mechanical Design Engineer required for a busy North Cork engineering company. This business has been successfully delivering high-tech process systems worldwide to the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Food & Beverage and Chemical industries. Experts in Product Formulation, Clean in Place, Clean Utilities and Thermal Treatment, they are continually challenged to develop innovative process, mechanical & automation solutions for their clients who they work in close collaboration with. If you'd like to develop a career at the cutting edge of manufacturing solutions, this could be a great fit!
- To deliver and maintain the mechanical design of pressure vessels and equipment for projects and report to Department Lead and/or Project Manager as required.
- Liaise/coordinate with project managers, clients & peers to find solutions to design issues.
- Create & maintain vessel construction drawings using 3D software (Autodesk Inventor) & 2D software (AutoCAD Mechanical) to accurately document design intent to fabrication and clients.
- Generate material orders and co-ordinate with the Procurement Department to confirm technical compliance for equipment.
- Conduct & minute design review meetings to develop, communicate and evaluate potential design solutions.
- Inspect the vessel fabrication as it progresses and ensure that the construction team are furnished with current drawings and answer any particular queries during the construction stage.
- Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) Degree.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a related engineering department or role.
- CAD experience.
- Pressure vessel design experience
- Knowledge of PD5500 and ASME VIII an advantage
- Knowledge of 2014/68/EU PED an advantage but not essential
- AutoCAD 2D, Inventor 3D
- PV Elite
Full time, permanent
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Nicola Murphy on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs