A leading and expanding logistics provider is currently seeking an experienced freight forwarder with ocean freight experience. This role is based near Cork city and is a permanent, full-time position.
- Foster and develop good relations with both existing and potential customers to ensure retention and growth.
- Liaise with overseas partners to ensure the department is proactive in providing a quality operational performance.
- Delivery and collection scheduling and dealing with Shipping Lines subcontractors and third parties.
- Day to day operations in a busy office environment to include dealing with customers/customs clearance/invoicing/creditors invoices/customer & other reports/other administration duties.
- Deal with all customer phone sales and/or customer queries.
- Establish a good working relationship with the shipping department and customers.
- Ensure that all tariffs are kept up to date on the system.
- Maintaining and / or implementing good working practices & procedures to ensure that departments run efficiently and with professionalism.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Be a key player in the Sea freight team to offer solutions in a timely and efficient manner to the end customer
- Ensure all aspects of operations are completed with accuracy and quality
- Work within company guidelines to make sure all requested tasks are performed
- Be a positive ‘face’ of the company along with developing excellent working relationships with customers
Skills and Experience:
- At least 1 year’s direct experience working within an ocean freight environment
- A hands-on approach with the ability to maintain priorities and deadlines
- Excellent administrative skills
- The ability to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Entrepreneurial in approach with a keen awareness to the Cost of Quality to an Organisation
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands
Full Time, Permanent
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Nicola Murphy on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs