A global 3PL now requires an experienced Ocean Freight Forwarder on a permanent contract. This position involves working in the ocean freight department, organising customer export shipments by ocean to global destinations.
Export Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day to day operations in busy office environment to include dealing with customers/customs clearance /invoicing/creditors/& other reports and administration duties..
- Be aware of the importance of following the Good Distribution Practice for Pharma products along all the supply change and following all the SOP concerned with the products, if concerned.
- Delivery and collection scheduling and dealing with carriers/hauliers/subcontractors and third parties.
- Continued development of core exports products, dairy/reefers/SRM.
- Liaise with overseas partners to ensure the department is proactive in providing a quality operational performance.
- Foster and develop good relations with both existing and potential customers to ensure retention and growth.
- Deal with all customer phone sales and/or customer queries.
- Establish a good working relationship with the sea freight department and its customers.
- Ensure that all tariffs are kept up to date on the system.
- Maintaining and/or implementing good working practices & procedures to ensure that the
department run efficiently and with professionalism.
- Proactive participation and adherence to the company QSHE system
- Minimum of 2 years Ocean Freight experience
- Freight forwarding industry certification. Preferable to have excellent multi modal Freight & Logistics understanding
- Experience in a similar position in the past and distribution expertise.
- Experienced in updating the tariffs.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Nicola Murphy on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs