Ocean Freight Supervisor.
My Client based in Dublin North, one of the “best in the business” with a great focus on work-life balance and an excellent working environment now requires an Ocean Freight Manager.
Based in our Dublin branch this role will be responsible for the management of the operation & staff on a daily basis. Working to increase productivity by developing the department and the processes currently in place in line with standards and guidelines. Focus on the development of the team with an excellent person-managment style, encouraging others to flourish.
- Manager all aspects of the Ocean Operation on a daily basis including personnel
- Managing staff in the completing of shipments
- Manage the coordination of the daily Import & Exports processes & procedures
- Monitoring of Import & Export Stat 1 Reports
- Coordinate staff training and encourage good working practices
- Oversee accounts and invoice queries
- Review procedures as required improving Ocean processes
- Coordinate internal audit procedures
- Liaise with senior management on a regular basis on any relevant issues, which may arise
- Ensure the prompt issuing of all invoices and collection of Duty/VAT/COD
- Manage the customer service within the department
- Attend both sales & retention calls for the Ocean customers
- Quoting, negotiating rates & suppliers services
- Manage key customer’s requirement
- Complete transition on all new business
- 2 - 3 years Supervisory or Management experience within Ocean Freight in a Global 3PL
- Superior knowledge of Ocean Freight Import & Export operations
- Ability to communicate on all levels
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate and work in a fast moving pressurised environment
- Previous experience with Word, Excel, Windows, Email and various PC based software.
Terms: Permanent, full time (Monday - Friday)
Package Excellent package on offer including healthcare plan, pension etc…
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/
Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you meet the minimum pre-requisite requirements as our clients have instructed us that they do not wish to receive applications from candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements.
Logiskills are leading recruitment specialists for the manufacturing, freight & logistics industries. Roles we typically recruit for include; air, sea and road freight forwarding; warehouse; distribution; transport; logistics; supply chain; materials; purchasing; procurement; engineering; manufacturing; production; finance; accountant; customer service; admin; accounts; coordination; clerk; agent; supervisor; manager; management