A global 3PL now requires an experienced Ocean Import Customer Service Clerk on a permanent contract. This position involves working in the ocean freight department, organising customer import shipments by Ocean to global destinations. The job will entail dealing with all aspects of the service – dealing with ocean lines and customers, organising delivery of goods, invoicing & dealing with customs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivery best in class customer service to our customers at all times.
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, pro-actively monitor shipment in-transit and keeping the customer appraised with regards to arrival times, delays or transit issues and help to ensure we meet or exceed customer expectations at all times.
- Ensure all communications are professional, timely and appropriately handled using the best medium, for both internal and external correspondence.
- Ensure all documentation is supplied in a timely manner to customer and/or broker for customs purposes.
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are followed and updated.
- 2-years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English.
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Nicola Murphy on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs