A long established, global forwarder is seeking an experienced Operations Clerk for their specialist freight forwarding operation in South Dublin. The successful candidate will ensure that all Operational targets in relation to service, quality and productivity are met at all times.
- Managing intra European and deep sea orders for import and export customers.
- Working with LCL, FCL, trucking orders, airfreight & consolidations.
- Work load is split by customer, rather than origin country, so candidates must be capable of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with customers, suppliers, Shipping lines and colleagues.
- An operator is responsible for looking after a customers order from the time it is placed with the supplier, right through to final delivery.
- The operator is responsible for the routing of the orders to maximize profit.
- They are also then responsible for invoicing the customer correctly and booking estimates and actual invoices from our vendors.
- The operator must be aware of the correct charges and query with vendors when necessary. They must keep track of all outstanding queries.
- The operator must keep track of ongoing changes in surcharges and keep all customers updated regularly.
- Most importantly for the customer’s point of view, the operator must ensure that at all times, the information contained in Flow is accurate and up to date. This includes information entered by colleagues in other offices.
- Minimum 2-3 years European and deep sea Freight Forwarding experience within a busy office.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Experienced team player
- Able to work under pressure
- Enthusiastic and driven to achieve targets and objectives
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal & written English
- Good computer skills including Word, Outlook and Excel
Full-time, Permanent, Office-Based
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Sean Lennon on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs