This well established, international pharmaceutical company with a reputation for weathering a number of downturns in the market due to its provision of essential products, is now looking for a procurement specialist to join their supply chain team.
- Support all activities to achieve agreed targets and improve cost of goods savings initiatives.
- Negotiate with existing and potential new suppliers to achieve pricing consistent with market requirements whilst also maintaining the required quality, level of service and security of supply.
- Selection, development and implementation of alternative suppliers to ensure the security of supply and maintain customer service levels.
- Agree commercial contractual terms for suppliers.
- Form a partnership with the Business Partners on-site sharing the ownership and accountability for agreed-upon deliverables.
- Drive the site team to develop an accepted vision for how this category of spend will be managed in the future and develop a Category Plan to achieve this vision
- Develop a preferred supplier list for each category of spend and manage compliance to the preferred supplier list using Supplier Management methodology
- Establish site-specific procurement plans in line with category strategies and make decisions necessary to purchase goods and services in congruence with organizational objectives and sourcing strategies.
- Locate and select potential sources of materials and/or services.
- Solicit competitive bids, quotations and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions.
- Negotiate contracts and purchase orders and obtain legal review and approval when required.
- Develop, evaluate or manage internal and external relationships with suppliers, cross-functional and/or multi-functional teams with regard to the following:
- Conduct supplier visits and evaluations to determine suitability.
- Resolve quality problems with suppliers and user departments and develop measurements for quality improvement and target setting.
- Implement or maintain a computerised procurement system of specifications, suppliers, goods/services, a computerised inventory and/or capital equipment tracking system.
- Conduct decisions to “make, buy or lease” privatise or outsource goods or services.
- Develop & implement a local process improvement program.
- Develop and maintain market awareness through merchandise shows, trade periodicals and other resources to secure new products and pricing information.
Competitive - DOE
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/