Production Planner, Galway
- € 40000 - € 40000
- Clare, Galway
Our client is on an ambitious growth trajectory and is expanding its workforce across a number of disciplines in science, engineering, quality, finance, sales and marketing. Their employees drive their success and you will have the opportunity to collaborate in their diverse and inclusive environment, the ability to learn and grow in your career and an opportunity to make a direct impact on our business and customers.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing team within the Planning function. As a Planner you will report into the Planner Team Lead.
We are looking for individuals who will support our client's vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
- Support the preparation of the Sales & Operations Planning business Process
- To ensure that forecasts for the assigned area of responsibility are converted to orders at the time fences.
- To assess incoming customer orders in terms of plant capability and material availability and define the first promise date for delivery
- To maintain the MRP data on the system for assigned products and areas
- To review monthly the capacity loading for the assigned work-centre reporting potential bottlenecks and issues.
- Prepare assigned schedule in co-operation with relevant departments.
- To prioritise planned production in assigned areas in the case conflicts and bottlenecks.
- To liaise with purchasing and artwork control to manage BOM changes in line with customer requirements and open orders to ensure that stock write-offs are minimised.
- Liaise with customers with regard to delivery dates, order status, etc. for the areas assigned
- Manage schedules such that short shelf materials are identified and consumed before expiring.
- Prepare supply chain metrics on a weekly basis.
- Manage the assigned shipping schedules
- Drive to achieve zero backorders and 95%+ OTIF shipping performance.
- Ensure product availability through effective management of available capacity while ensuring cost and quality compliance.
- Reporting to senior management on a weekly and ad hoc basis on Key Performance Indicators, e.g. total backorders, performance against shipping plan.
- Chair routine and ad hoc planning and scheduling meetings as required, communicating changes and additions to production schedules
- Manage inventory at intermediate and Finished Goods levels in line with forecasts/stock holding policies for assigned areas.
- Liaise with customer service, production, Launch, artwork operations and R&D to implement improvements and drive new product initiatives.
- 2 years of experience of planning/scheduling in a regulated industry (ideally pharmaceuticals).
- Experience of production, manufacturing or packing operations essential
- Engineering/ Business degree or equivalent Industry experience.
- Qualification in or studying for APICS,
- Advanced MS Excel
- Must be a self-starter and able to work on own initiative
Full Time, Permanent
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/