Tipperary based manufacturer now seeks an experienced Purchasing Manager to manage suppliers and develop purchasing strategies which meet budgetary and other operational requirements of the company.
- Full responsibility for the procurement and management of all packaging and ingredients for the business. Working in conjunction with preferred suppliers on agreeing commercials, ordering, scheduling of deliveries and usage monitoring to ensure packaging and ingredients are held at agreed levels.
- Full responsibility for supply/demand alignment, material replenishment, and supplier performance.
- Dealing professionally with packaging/ingredient quality issues, managing right through from root cause analysis with the supplier to eventual uplift of stock and issuing of a credit note
- Identify and source new suppliers for packaging and ingredients that meet our key supplier KPI’s such as quality, innovation, price, and legislative requirements. Manage onboarding of new suppliers to include coordination of production samples.
- Management and control of slow-moving stock items and obsolete stock items – identifying high-risk packaging/ingredients and planning into production in coordination with the production department.
- Establish and agree with the Senior Management Team (SMT), packaging and ingredient KPI’s and present these on a weekly/monthly basis. To include target plastic reduction and move to recyclable materials.
- Supporting the SMT as the project co-ordination of our annual tender on packaging and ingredients.
- A structured individual with strong self-discipline and excellent organizational and record-keeping skills, capable of handling multiple projects, shifting priorities and handling deadline pressures.
- 3-5 years experience required in a similar role within a busy manufacturing environment.
- Experience gained in a food production environment would be ideal but not essential.
- Very strong IT and numerical skills must be proficient in the use of excel and have a working knowledge of an inventory management system.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Nicola Murphy on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs