We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified QHSE manager with experience in COMAH and /or DGSA to join our client, a well known logistics company based in Rathcoole.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the QHSE Manager will be responsible for leading all aspects of developing, implementing, maintaining and managing the overall environmental, health and safety activities to agreed QHSE and other operating standards across the Company with the primary objective of preventing loss and liability.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ideally from a related industry you will ensure that all activities are controlled using suitable management systems that comply with regulatory requirements in particular the COMAH and ADR regulations and achieve compliance with ISO 14001.
- You will produce company reports, run safety management systems, change and near miss investigations leading a GAP analysis, manage internal and external audits and complete various risk and site assessments/inspections. You will investigate, or where appropriate, assist others to investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents, near misses and non-conformances and takes necessary steps to prevent a recurrence.
- You will work within a small team and being part of the leadership team have ownership of the EHS agenda, covering EHS tasks when required. In addition you will work cross functionally to promote best practice with a continuous improvement ethos, working with other sites and service partners to ensure best practice and excellence is achieved.
- The successful candidate will be someone who has a proven track record in Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and at a minimum have a EHS/engineering/science degree.
- Must have demonstrated skills in the execution of improvement projects (project management) and change management with compliance in a top tier COMAH site, ideally in a logistic/transport environment. To add to this you will have knowledge and/or implemented safety programs, delivered process safety assessments and responsible for the major accident prevention plan.
- You will have the ability to foster effective relationships internally and externally and be a lead auditor in ISO 14001. In addition, experience of developing improved EHS Culture through training and development of staff with the ability to challenge current working practices in a practical and engaging way is essential.
- Must have a full clean driving licence as the building cannot be reached with public transport
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Schedule: Permanent, Full time
Salary: €Neg - DOE
Working Hours: 09:00am to 18:00pm. (Mon - Fri)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Danielle Lynch on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs