Our client, an international freight forwarder, now seeks to hire a road freight forwarder for their
Cork operation. Entry-level candidates would be considered but they must have acquired a
recent qualification in Transport / Logistics or have previously worked in a transport environment.
- Foster and develop good relations with both existing and potential customers to ensure
retention and growth.
- Liaise with carriers and overseas partners to ensure the department is proactive in
providing a quality operational performance.
- Delivery and collection scheduling and dealing with carriers/subcontractors and third
- Ownership and management of dedicated traffic lanes.
- Day-to-day operations in a busy office environment to include dealing with
customers/customs clearance/invoicing/creditors invoices/customer & other reports/other
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the role to ensure full ownership.
- Deal with all customer phone sales and/or customer queries.
- Establish a good working relationship with the shipping department and customers.
- Ensure that all tariffs are kept up to date on the system.
- Maintaining and/or implementing good working practices & procedures to ensure that
departments run efficiently and with professionalism.
- Ensuring timely and effective communication of Rate changes to customers.
- Timely Billing and accruing of shipments within the companies guidelines.
- Ensuring that the company's quality guidelines are met on an ongoing basis.
- Active involvement with sales/Customer Services/Management to highlight areas of
concern and feedback on crucial information.
- Customs Clearance formalities in line with Department guidelines.
- Entry-level candidates would be considered but they must have previously worked in a logistics environment.
- An excellent customer-centric attitude towards business and a good communicator.
- A hands-on approach with the ability to maintain priorities and deadlines.
- IT Literate
€25,000 to €30,000 per annum.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/