This Irish logistics company is looking for a Road Freight Forwarder to provide a professional and efficient road freight export and import operations service to both internal and external customers.
- Processing shipment bookings for both groupage and full load operations.
- Plan and route European groupage trailers
- Monitoring shipments from point of Customer booking to arrival at destination and Customer payment.
- Providing a high level of Customer Service to both internal and external customers.
- Liaising with local and International hauliers and agents to ensure that the best possible rate and transit time are secured.
- Liaising with transport personnel regarding collections or deliveries.
- Working with the warehouse to process road freight shipments.
- Organizing freight for distribution, export, or import.
- Processing Sales / Purchase Invoices and dealing with any queries relating to Customer/Creditor invoices.
- Providing quotations for new and existing customers.
- Developing and building relationships with new and current clients/subcontractors.
- Dealing and ensuring maximum profit is obtained by being able to source the most competitive transport solution.
- Have solid experience working within the European road freight forwarding industry.
- Preferably 3-4 years’ experience in European Groupage operations.
- Have general knowledge of road freight equipment i.e., euro liners, tautliners, box trailers, Mega trailers, Road trains.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Good experience of using Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs