Established Freight Forwarding company based in Dublin 11 now require an experienced Road Freight Operations Clerk with pallet based, trailer planning experience. You will be a key team member within the forwarding team in the coordination of freight to meet our customer requirements. Responsible for organising the Road transportation of freight between set destinations using either internal or 3rd party resources. The Core Company Values are;
- Treat others the way you wish to be treated and with respect
- Always be honest and do the right thing
- Doing the job well and always looking for ways to improve
- Taking pride in your daily work. Take pride in what you do.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receiving in and processing customer requirements either directly or via 3rd party agents, using the internal IT systems to create job files and accurately enter all the required information including customs rates.
- Updating job files where required on any changes regarding the freight and liaising with customers as appropriate.
- Handling queries and correspondence within the department both inbound and outbound.
- Dealing with Hauliers for trailer bookings both in and outbound.
- Creating invoices and entering accruals onto internal systems to ensure accurate and timely invoicing out to customers which makes a profit for the business.
- Liaising with the finance team in dealing with any invoice queries.
- Daily planning and routing of UK and European trailers.
- Creation of Advice of arrivals / Deliveries, POD’s, Manifests & CMR’s for drivers where necessary.
- Daily use of the Azyra system ensuring entry is accurate and timely.
- Undertaking general administrative duties to support the forwarding processes including filing and the creation of reports.
- Proactively seek to improve processes/ systems in order to provide an efficient and effective service to customers.
- Assist the wider team to ensure an effective forwarding service.
- Liaising and working with other departments such as warehousing and management to meet business KPI’s and customer SLA’s.
- Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a shipping / freight forwarding / transport role
- Strong customer service skills
- Proactive and commercial approach
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and develop strong working relationships internally and externally
- Able to work to deadlines and meet the demands of the role
- Ability to multi-task with a calm and flexible approach
- Ability to effectively prioritise work and operate in an organised manor
- Enthusiasm to learn and to progress through experience and training
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision within broad guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Sean Lennon on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs