Roadfreight Forwarder - Co Kildare
- Freight Forwarding
- € 35000 - € 38000
- Dublin West, Kildare
One of Europe’s leading providers of road freight and distribution services now requires an experienced Roadfreight Forwarder to join their team. You will be tasked with meeting and exceeding customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo, effectively and in accordance with company quality procedures and statutory requirements. You will maintain total operational control to ensure SLA/SOP's are adhered to.
- Pro-Active communication with Customer/Internal Customer Service Teams.
- Liaise with offices/agents in Ireland and overseas.
- Book and engage Hauliers for international transport requirements.
- Negotiating rates as and when required.
- Book trailers/drivers with shipping lines through various online platforms.
- Preparation of documentation associated with all aspects of the transport function.
- Perform general administration duties, including invoicing, filing, queries, claims and cost checks in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Be pro-active in managing and dealing with problems and day to day queries.
- Ensure revenue/profit guidelines are met in accordance with budgetary requirements.
- Be proficient and accurate issuing quotations.
Skill & Competencies:
- Minimum of 3 years Road Freight / Trailer Planning experience in a freight forwarding environment.
- Excellent problem solving, planning & organising skills.
- Excellent communication/telephone skills.
- Excellent coordination skills to work with high volume/quantity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word.
- Strong administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
Permanent, full-time. Monday - Friday 9 am till 5:30 pm (a degree of flexibility is required during busy periods)
€35,000 - €38,000 per year (DOE)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/