Roadfreight Forwarder - Kildare
- Freight Forwarding
- € 35000 - € 40000
- Kildare, Dublin City Centre
One of Europe’s leading providers of road freight and distribution services now requires an experienced Pharmaceutical Roadfreight forwarder to join their team. Reporting to the department supervisor, the Pharmaceutical services specialist has overall responsibility for ensuring that the companies pharmaceutical transport services are executed in accordance with current regulatory guidelines and in line with customer agreements. Operation excellence with profitable traffic results are the key drivers of pharmaceutical transport services. Performance is ensured through KPI management.
- Ensure Pharmaceutical transport services are completed in line with current GDP guidelines - EU directive 2013/C 343/01.
- Liaise with Quality department in all aspects of customer/supplier agreements and quality of GDP services.
- Liaise with the Sales department in all aspects of development, customer quotations and tender management of Pharmaceutical transport services.
- Ensure customer service level agreements are valid and in line with best practice / GDP guidelines.
- Ensure supplier service level agreements are valid and in line with best practice / GDP guidelines.
- Participate in the new Quality Management System roll out Q1 2020.
- Liaise with customers to ensure bookings requirements can be fulfilled as per service/rate agreement.
- Agree additional rates where necessary.
- Liaise with approved suppliers to agree rate where necessary and ensure booking can be fulfilled.
- Ensure customers shipments are collected/delivered in line with customers agreements and agreed transit times.
- Manage all shipment issues/temperature excursions in line with GDP guidelines and to the customer's satisfaction.
- KPI reporting to customers with QBR follow up.
- Complete shipment administration including customer invoicing.
- Ensure revenue/profit guidelines are met in accordance with budgetary requirements.
Experience, Skill & Competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a freight forwarding environment essential.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with Pharmaceutical transportation essential.
- Must have Road Freight / Trailer Planning Experience.
- GDP champion certificate or equivalent would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent problem solving, planning & organising skills.
- Excellent communication/telephone skills.
- Excellent coordination skills to work with high volume/quantity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word.
- Strong administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
Permanent, full-time. Monday - Friday 9 am till 5:30 pm (a degree of flexibility is required during busy periods)
€35,000 - €40,000 per year (DOE)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/