Sales & Operations Planning Lead - Galway
- Clare, Galway
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the planning function. We are looking for an individual who will support and drive our client's vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to customers. In this role you will report into the Senior Supply Chain Manager.
- Manage the end to end S&OP process.
- Validate the outputs of capacity and supply plan with teams ahead of Supply meeting.
- Provide summary update to the business of key gaps and excess of capacity and any anomalies.
- Highlight the significant bottlenecks (medium or long term) that require escalation and resolution. Recommend solutions.
- Review with purchasing the key gaps in materials requirements based on the monthly supply planning process and assess their proposal to meet the plan.
- Develop and maintain a suite of output graphs/charts/metrics to highlight impacts of changes in demand or capacity and comparing to current and expected plant capabilities.
- First pass review of Unconstrained demand with Demand Planner to sense check and first cut scenario planning
- Work with Developer to continually improve Capacity Planning model.
- Lead planning team in development of an MPS on a monthly basis and manage the conflicting preferences between supply and demand
- Develop Inventory replenishment/campaigning plans
- Drive the development of a process to ensure Planning/ Customer Support assess incoming customer orders in terms of plant capability and material availability and define the first promise date for delivery
- Liaise with purchasing and artwork control to manage BOM changes in line with customer requirements and open orders to ensure that stock write-offs are minimized.
- Ensure that the Planning team actively liaises with their the Sales & Marketing/Customer Support department with regard to delivery dates, order status, etc. for the areas assigned
- Organisational skills, personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team and manage diverse personalities and viewpoints.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital.
- Strategic decision-making within the business as an influencer.
- Demonstrated ability in prioritising key initiatives, driving growth and setting targets and KPIs to monitor the performance
- Positive and proactive person who is energised by having great responsibility
- Proven people management capabilities. Ability to motivate a team and collaborate cross-functionally and across geographies
- Practical, action-orientated approach to managing priorities and teams.
- APICS certification - CPIM preferred
- Operational Excellence, Lean Process development, Six Sigma tools and techniques are desirable.
- Minimum 5 years with recent experience in supply network planning.
- Excellent analytical skills with experience of working with significant data sets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills. Ability to negotiate with area owners to overcome conflicting requirements and achieve a win/win outcome in order to meet the business plan
- Comfortable presenting data and trends to the management team
- Highly competent in MS Excel and office suite
- Capable of converting detailed information into succinct and understandable output
- People / Team management experience
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/