Dublin based Freight forwarding company now seek to hire a Senior Freight Forwarder to deal with their Client base.
This is a new role within an ever-expanding Freight Forwarding department. The Company is long established with offices across Ireland, in Northern Ireland and The Netherlands. The successful candidate will be based in the Dublin HQ and will report directly to the Operations Director. You will handle some key accounts, maintaining and building customer relationships, as well as being instrumental in bedding in new products and services. As a
senior member of the team, you must be able to work on your own initiative and guide and
assist junior staff members in their development.
Short-sea Imports/Exports/Groupage (LCL)
European Container/Trailer, Imports/Exports/Groupage (LCL)
Airfreight knowledge would be a distinct advantage.
- An ability to demonstrate substantial proven experience in a similar role.
- Short sea experience is a must including full loads and LCL, Import and Export.
- Customs experience a distinct advantage.
- Customer service focused with excellent communication skills; this role involves the maintenance of close relationships with customers and sub-contractors.
- Excellent problem-solving skills including the ability to react to problems in a time efficient manner.
- The ability to recognise cost saving alternatives and add value to the role.
- Preparation of necessary paperwork and invoicing within time requirements.
- A team player.
- The candidate must have the ambition to progress in the role and mentor and manage junior staff as the role develops
€Neg, depending on experience
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Danielle Lynch on 01 8326330 / [email protected]