Leading manufacturer and distributor of precision engineering equipment seeks an experienced logistics professional with experience operating within a manufacturing environment to join their team. The candidate should be available to work from one of the company's offices (Cavan or Dublin) for two to three days per week while the balance of the week can be home-based.
The successful candidate will predominantly be responsible for detailed planning, coordination, and operation of groupwide logistics and the management of Inventory.
- Own all groupwide freight management-related tasks and projects, focusing on cost down streamlined processes and services.
- Ensure logistics spend targets are met.
- Own groupwide Inventory management levels and targets across the group from an analysis and reporting point of view by working closely with buyers.
- Assist with ad-hoc procurement strategies designed to support forecasted demand, by understanding the impact on inventory levels and associated risks.
- Manage and own related inventory planning attributes in conjunction with the procurement team while fully utilising SAP.
- Introduce and report on effective KPIs which enable close management of all aspects of logistics and inventory.
- Ensure all logistics and inventory-related processes and procedures are documented, maintained and effectively managed to support the current and future needs of the business.
- Procurement of direct and indirect products and services.
- Ongoing maintenance of role-related data within the various systems.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice Supply Chain, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Develop strong working relationships across all departments within the Company.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum degree qualified in Supply Chain or Business management discipline.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an International Logistics supply chain and inventory planning role – within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience within ERP systems (SAP preferred), BI reporting, and Microsoft suite.
- Commercially astute and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a customer-centric organisation.
- You must be organised with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to drive change through teamwork and interact effectively with others with an ability to identify and introduce best practice.
- Ability to project manage the various process improvements required within logistics and inventory.
- Experience working with 3PL service providers including price and service performance negotiations.
- Experience managing day to day logistics tasks including revenue and customs compliance, invoice checks, freight quotes, Incoterms management, dealing with issues shipping into restricted/high risk regions etc.
- Experiencing managing inventory within a manufacturing and distribution environment.
Full time, permanent (site AND home based).
An attractive compensation package will be offered, including a competitive base salary, employer pension contribution and other benefits.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Sean Lennon on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs