Shipping Clerk - Co Meath
- LSR5833 - DLF1
- Meath, Dublin North
An exciting opportunity to join Ireland’s leading independent manufacturer of concrete construction materials. Our client is looking for a Shipping Clerk to join their Plant in Dunboyne, Co Meath
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan the most effective daily transport and delivery schedules.
- Process orders received via telephone, email, fax, face-to-face or via Sales Team.
- Prepare delivery dockets, schedule and allocate drivers to deliveries.
- Ensure all customer orders are delivered within agreed time-frame.
- Maintain daily shipping records.
- Prepare and maintain all relevant paper-work for payment transactions.
- Manage cash payments for deliveries from drivers and prepare reports of cash and charge sales.
- Post transactions to customer accounts.
- Ensure on-going effective communication with drivers, customers, production and sales.
- Understand and achieve specific targets regarding utilisation of trucks, costs and empty journeys.
- Responsible for the delivery of the right quality (in consultation with Technical Team) and quantity of material to customer.
- Manage instructions to drivers with regards to their working hours, breaks and rest periods.
- Be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you work safely at all times.
- Demonstrate a lead by example approach to all aspects of Health & Safety, be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you work safely at all times.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a busy Despatch Office environment that is continually active through-out the day.
- Excellent working knowledge of shipping systems.
- Knowledge of transport regulations in Ireland.
- Desire to get things done; solving day-to-day problems that arise.
- Supply Chain or Logistics experience within manufacturing would be beneficial
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Strong PC skills and good administration skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced, deadline orientated environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A team player with flexibility.
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Permanent, Full-time (6am-7pm Staggered shifts (39 Hours.) plus overtime when required.
- Requirement to work 1 saturday a month (Possibly every 3rd Saturday)
- Own transport is essential as there is no public transport to the plant
Negotiable - Max €30,000 Depending on experience
Overtime paid at 1.5hours (Time and a half)
Saturdays paid at 1.5hours
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Danielle Lynch on 01-8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/