Structural Engineer - Dublin
- Dublin City
- Dublin City Centre, Dublin South
Our client a global consulting engineering business is looking for Structural Engineers to join their Building Engineering team. They are a group of multi-disciplinary engineers who overcome highly complex challenges in the built environment with creativity, technical expertise and passion. You will be responsible for the design and delivery of certain aspects of larger projects or a large proportion of a smaller project.
- Working as part of multi-disciplinary project teams involved in the design, procurement and contract supervision of building projects.
- Analysis, design, specification and report writing.
- Working closely with site engineers and in-house drafting personnel.
- Engaging with clients and design teams for project delivery.
- Undertaking the structural engineering design for projects or major parts of large projects, reporting to senior engineers and project managers.
- Working closely with designers of other disciplines to produce co-ordinated designs.
- Working within larger project teams, with responsibility for production of deliverables to agreed timelines.
- Planning and monitoring use of own time resources on projects, including junior engineers and technicians.
- Attending project meetings and communicating with all grades of staff, external design team members and clients.
- The production of drawings, reports, calculations and structural specifications.
- Work independently and be responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of your own work.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced members of the team.
- Flexibility to work across different client sectors, applying relevant codes and standards to engineering principals and judgement.
- Experience dealing with Contractors Queries and attendance at Site meetings.
- Significant Post Graduate experience that has developed a good understanding and knowledge in this field
- The ideal candidate will be an inquisitive, creative, solution-orientated designer
- Have an awareness and willingness to develop an understanding of building design beyond own discipline
- Ability to work under pressure, balance priorities, and meet strict deadlines is essential
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrate a strong ability to communicate through sketching, drawing, presentations, and in writing
- Willingness to develop commercial awareness and acumen, in addition to technical design skills
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in Structural Engineering (candidates with greater experience are welcome to apply for more senior roles)
- Structural and/or Civil engineering degree as a minimum; a Masters would be an advantage
- You must have experience in dealing with architects and contractors and be available to manage design team meeting with architects and contractors.
- Structural Engineering experience in the design of concrete and steel frame buildings is an advantage
- Proficiency in IT and be competent using drafting software and engineering design software
- Strong analytical and structural analysis understanding is an advantage
- Excellent in written in English and report writing skills
- Knowledge of BIM
- Be able to work as part of a team
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/