Supply Chain Coordinator - Electrical & Mechanical Specialist, Dublin South!
Supply Chain Specialist required for an Electrical and Mechanical goods distribution specialist based in Dublin South. A new role in the company, this is an exciting opportunity where the role can be moulded to the individual based on additional skills sets and allows room for growth.
A newly created role, reporting to the Purchasing Director, the Supply Chain Specialist will be a key member of the Purchasing Team.
You will play an integral role in the active streamlining of the business’s supply-side activities, the end-to-end management of the flow of goods from our Suppliers and the processes involved to ensure that the flow of goods is not interrupted and the companies imports and exports procedures operate within the rules set out by the Customs authorities.
Responsibilities as the Supply Chain Coordinator
Importation & Exportation of Goods
- To have a thorough understanding of customs regulations, ensuring compliance to all customs and related trade regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and process import and export documentation in accordance to customs regulations, laws and procedures.
- To have a thorough understanding of Transit Procedures and the implementation and compliance of these procedures.
- Continuous review and updating of procedures and process mapping of all supply chain and logistical processes.
- Strong Stakeholder management. Managing our service providers of air, sea and road freight and our customs clearance agents.
- Identify cost saving opportunities in our supply chain.
- Develop and maintain systematic processes for accurate and complete recording, monitoring and measuring of all data relating to the importation and exportation of goods.
- Conduct regular internal audits of importation and exportation procedures and paperwork.
- Maintaining an audit trail of these audits and their findings.
- Collating data to compare to our KPI’s and reporting on performance.
Reporting - Compliance
- Intrastat Arrivals & Despatches.
- WEEE reporting to the Blackbox and the EPA.
- Ensure our back end ERP records are set up correctly to enable the efficient, accurate reporting of all import and export transactions.
Warehouse & logistics
- Work in conjunction with the Warehouse Supervisor in Dublin and our 3rd Party Logistical Partner (3PL) in the UK to coordinate and plan the scheduling of deliveries.
- Working closely with our Sales Team to ensure delivery dates are met.
To excel in this role, you will need to have:
- 3rd level Qualification in Supply Chain Management/Finance or equivalent.
- Deep understanding of core business processes in supply chain management.
- 3+ years import/export freight experience.
- Thorough understanding of customs regulations for imports and exports, evidence of training courses.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Quality management system and process experience.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in MS office including Excel, Word, Power-point and Outlook.
- The ability to coordinate, manage, write reports and take responsibility for all activities relating to the flow of goods in an out of the company.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong Team Player
Terms: Permanent, full time. Monday to Friday with sjhifts detailed above.
Package €35-€45,000 salary entirely dependent on experience. Pension, etc…
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Wesley on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/
Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you meet the minimum pre-requisite requirements as our clients have instructed us that they do not wish to receive applications from candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements.
Logiskills are leading recruitment specialists for the manufacturing, freight & logistics industries. Roles we typically recruit for include; air, sea and road freight forwarding; warehouse; distribution; transport; logistics; supply chain; materials; purchasing; procurement; engineering; manufacturing; production; finance; accountant; customer service; admin; accounts; coordination; clerk; agent; supervisor; manager; management