This global brand needs a highly accomplished Transport Manager based in their Cork distribution depot. If you're interested in a long-term career with a blue-chip business, we'd love to hear from you.
You will manage the operational activity of the distribution depot, being responsible for the line management of the team, transport management and health and safety.
- Operational responsibilities for the HGV tanker vehicle fleet, drivers and Garage facilities encompassing RSA responsibilities including Driver Hours, Tachograph and Working Time legislation.
- Pro-actively manage Health & Safety and ensure legal compliance.
- Overseeing day-to-day challenges including systems, vehicle maintenance, access to sites, adverse weather and traffic conditions that may require immediate resolution to maintain service integrity.
- Visiting customer sites to carry out risk assessments where deemed necessary.
- Manage staffing levels to ensure effective resource management of the Bulk Driver team.
- Mentor, develop and train the team to improve efficiencies and meet individual, team and company goals.
- Participate in the hiring process of new employees and judge the suitability for contract extension.
- Focus on the continuous improvement of operational performance, identifying opportunities for improvement and highlighting avoidable critical situations that could be either customer or operations centric.
- Design, implement & deliver KPIs, produce statistical system data reports and other measurable data to further drive efficiencies.
- Managing Depot Telematics systems to design, implement & deliver KPIs, produce statistical system data reports and other measurable data to further drive efficiencies.
- On-call responsibility as well as availability for our out of hour incidents.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role which will include experience with the direct responsibility for a team of drivers, garage facilities, vehicle fleet and associated budgets, preferably in a unionised environment.
- Mechanical experience with maintaining diesel trucks is a strong advantage.
- Transport Management (BSc degree) Level 7 or Transport CPC or alternative level Logistics Qualification.
- Sound knowledge and experience in using IT systems.
- NEBOSH Certificate is a strong advantage.
- Dangerous goods transport (ADR) experience an advantage.
- Hold (or be working shortly towards) a CPC in Road Transport qualification
- Customer facing logistics experience is an advantage.
- Results and customer-oriented.
- Proven experience in managing a team of drivers in a unionised environment.
- Strong communication, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Sound appreciation of the principles of effective distribution.
- Commercially minded with financial acumen.
- Strategic thinker.
Full time, permanent
€Neg, bonus + car/allowance + pension
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Nicola Murphy on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs