Transport Operations Manager - Dublin South
- Warehousing & Transport
- Dublin South
- € 50000 - € 50000
- Dublin South
Transport Operations Manager required for a well-known road freight company in South Dublin. Reporting to the General Manager, you will efficiently manage the daily transport operations of the business to achieve business objectives and the needs of the customer. You will also successfully manage a highly performing team of transport planners and administrators, ensuring delivery of customer service levels in line with agreed KPIs
- Manage the daily plan and dispatch of contracted routes to achieve contractual delivery times, and effectively manage live changes to the plan.
- Facilitate efficient planning to assist in achieving the Business financial objectives.
- Ensure all administrative traffic duties are carried out by the team as necessary and to a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ensure that performance deviations are minimized and corrected and are followed where necessary.
- Ensure all weekly and monthly KPI data is captured in a timely manner as set by the business and/or Customer.
- Ensure the team use all IT systems in the effective delivery of their role
- Ensure that appropriate communication methods are used to provide information both internally and externally as required e.g. dealing with customer / supplier requests / issues etc.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrate the Company Values in the undertaking of the role.
- Always display the highest standards of customer service.
- Undertake training in line with own personal development needs and business requirements.
- Maximise the efficiency of the team through personalized training and development plans.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Previous management experience within a busy Transport / Logistic business
- Capable of managing a high performing team in a challenging, rewarding and developing business
- Customer Service Focused
- IT Literate – Microsoft Office
Full time, Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30 or similar with on-call mobile.
€50k + Benefits
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/