Leading Irish industrial group now seeks a Transport Operations Manager to fill a strategic role within their Logistics Team. The client operates out of 40 locations nationwide utilising up to 250 local hauliers to transport goods nationwide. The principal objective of the Transport Operations Manager is to give support and specialist knowledge and management within the transport arena. The client has identified that applicants with FMCG transport/distribution experience will not be considered at this time.
- Manage the day to day leadership of the transport function across the branch network. This will require regular nationwide travel.
- Provide exceptional service to our customers, first time every time.
- Drive out all operational inefficiencies and barriers that keep the function operating effectively, streamlining processes and implementing procedures as required.
- Responsible for the management of the compliance of the current legislation and implementation of future legislative changes.
- Strategic fleet programme management, establishing fleet providers replacement and agreeing design and specification with the business and cross department engagement such as H&S.
- Regular auditing of systems and processes to ensure procedures are being followed.
- Cost control and high level sign off for relevant fleet activities.
- Creation of monthly reports to line management.
- Implement Best practice around Branch Transport operations.
- Develop and implement a training programme for all transport managers across the group.
- Design a strategy for synergising the services of third-party transport providers to ensure transport is delivered at the lowest possible cost.
- Auditing of third-party providers to ensure all drivers are delivering high standards of customer service and vehicle fleet is maintained to a high standard which positively promotes the business.
- Support the rollout of EPOD system as well as the introduction of vehicle tracking and route optimisation
Knowledge & Experience:
- Heavy industrial fleet management experience is essential.
- Experience in managing a transport function across a branch network
- Having technical knowledge and the know-how to solve operational issues around transport legislation, and engineered solutions to such issues as load handling and safe operation.
- Management of fleet administration/contractual processes and maintenance support of SLA’s, agreements and associated costs.
- Management of 3rd party transport provider relationships and all replacement fleet entry and exit processes and schedules to meet operational requirements and time scales.
- Experience of system integration and acquisition formalities.
- Experience with managing the day to day legislative guidelines.
- Knowledge around strategic project planning for any legislation change or improvements.
- Ability to implement and track projects accurately through to completion
- Ability to regularly travel nationwide.
€Neg. + Bonus, Company Car, Contributory Pension
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs