Our Client, a logistics company based in Dublin City Centre now requires a Transport Planner.
The role of Transport Planner is an integral part of their core business. The planner is primarily responsible for the planning and scheduling of company resources (Transporters and Drivers) and ensures that customer service, efficiency and other operational/business targets are consistently achieved.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build loads (electronically) for collection
- Plan and assign deliveries and collections to drivers (including route & journey time planning) and ensure all drivers are aware of their allocated job, giving full consideration to all health and safety regulations
- Communicate professionally, effectively and assertively with drivers and harness good working relations
- Communicate professionally and effectively within the office environment and support other team members
- Monitor units that could potentially be late and communicate to customer
- Assist with the scheduling of transporters for service/maintenance checks
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and others as appropriate
- Check transporter locations regularly to ensure they are located as planned
- Undertake other duties from time to time as appropriate
At least 2 years’ experience in route planning
Skills in communication, problem solving, planning and organizing
Very strong PC skills. Previous SAP experience is advantageous
Ability to work well under pressure
Relevant professional qualification is desirable
Full time, Permanent
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity please contact Danielle Lynch 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/