An opportunity has arisen for a Transport Planner to join a busy Waterford company. This role requires the individual to be responsible for developing and co-ordinating multi drop deliveries to customers nationwide on a daily basis in the most efficient manner to meet delivery demands.
They are looking for someone who has a demonstrable understanding of transport planning and operational process. Relevant training will be provided on all related aspects of the transport planning systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To plan multi drop delivery routes to be taken by each driver in the delivery of goods and products to customers
- Utilise the company fleet effectively and efficiently and to reduce the cost of delivery related expenses
- Determine the most appropriate utilisation of truck space
- Liaising with the Managing Director and Transport Manager in co-ordinating routesloads
- Understanding legal driving hours and adhering to the 'rules of the road 'when planning drivers routes
- Review and enhance the efficiency of the routing and delivery activity
- Any other ad hoc transport related tasks
- This position requires an excellent knowledge and good understanding of transport planning and operational process
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years experience in a similar role
- Must have an excellent geographical knowledge of Ireland
- Knowledge and good understanding of the tachograph rules for goods vehicles
- Have strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to work independently
- The ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Be proficient with IT
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be adaptable to change
- Excellent time keeping and attendance
Full time, permanent
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Sean Lennon on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs