International specialist in Logistics & Distribution, handling some of Europe's best-known contracts, now requires an experienced Domestic Transport Planner for Day shifts. Excellent package on offer!
Based in their Dublin North Distribution Centre, you will be responsible for delivering excellent customer service on a variety of contracts. You will work as part of a dedicated team ensuring all products are distributed correctly. It will be essential to your success that deliveries arrive on time!
The role involves working 4 days on/4 days off shift pattern - 12-hour shifts 07:00 hrs - 19:00 hrs. (7am - 7pm)
- Dealing with Drivers, Subcontractors and Customers with the utmost professionalism.
- Allocation of trailers and drivers to duties in the most cost-effective way via efficient route planning.
- Continuous Analysis to identify Profit and Loss.
- Ensure adherence to Service/DOE schedules.
- Maintenance of driver hours management.
- Management of duties, reductions/increase of runs from the basic schedule.
- Reaction to and handling of ad-hoc situations.
- Liaison with maintenance personnel to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- Maintenance of internal databases and spreadsheets.
- Compliance with depot policies and procedures.
- Completing KPI’s and reports.
- Compiling Driver Rosters.
Experience & Skills:
- 2 years minimum experience working in Domestic Ireland Route Planning a multi-drop environment.
- You will possess excellent soft skills i.e. Microsoft Excel, WMS etc.
- Ability to multi-task, working in a busy office environment
- Excellent Excel skills
- Knowledge of Tacho rules and laws in relation to drivers and ideally, CPC trained.
- Communication and person-management skills
- Team player and problem solver
- Administration experience
- Geographical knowledge/ experience of UK and Ireland planning
Full time, permanent, site-based. 4 days on/4 days off shift pattern - 12-hour shifts 07:00 hrs - 19:00 hrs. (7am - 7pm)
Basic salary of up to €37,000 DOE with Life Assurance etc.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Wesley Fitzgibbon on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you meet the minimum pre-requisite requirements as our clients have instructed us that they do not wish to receive applications from candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs