Established Freight Forwarding company based in Dublin 11 now require an experienced UK-IRL Freight Operations Clerk with pallet based, trailer planning experience. This role has been created due to continued growth! Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be a key part of the forwarding team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The job will be varied but will focus on the day-to-day freight planning of UK-IRL pallet movements. This will involve constant communication by telephone and email to our customers and hauliers in order to provide a first class logistics product
- Managing bookings from clients and allocate orders to designated loads using the Azyra Freight system.
- Arranging collections and deliveries, booking transport and completing loading/unloading manifests.
- Document control, ensuring all shipping and freight documentation is 100% accurate/compliant.
- Calculating costs and agreeing rates where necessary.
- Problem solving and developing short notice solutions for supplying customers even in exceptional circumstances
- The individual must be able to communicate and negotiate well under pressure and have the ability to respond quickly to quote requests and then achieve the best possible rate and service from any given supplier while meeting the customer's demands and expectations at all times.
- Conform to all company policies & procedure inclusive of Health & Safety
- Minimum 2 years experience within UK-IRL trailer planning for pallet movements.
- Some Logistics/Freight certification would be helpful.
- Experience with Road Transport Documentation.
- Understanding of new customs requirements related to Brexit.
- Demonstrated understanding of trucks movements/Freight systems
- PC Skills (Microsoft Office suite)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and skills at both verbal and written level
- Strong organisational, problem solving & decision making skills
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs