Established Pallet Network operating from Dublin 11 now require an experienced Warehouse Supervisor. The purpose of the role is to act as the Supervisor for the warehouse team ensuring the safe offloading and loading of cargo from/to pallet network trunk trailers, collection and delivery vehicles. You will be responsible for overseeing day to day operations into and out of the warehouse and external yard to meet overall operational needs of the business, whilst ensuring safe working practices within the team taking due care and attention at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordination and allocation of resources and work tasks as delegated from the Traffic Office as efficiently as possible.
- To effectively liaise and communicate with the Pallet Network office team to ensure efficient operations that meet customer needs.
- To oversea the Forklift team at all times, including the co-ordination of breaks.
- Ensure relevant safety checks are carried out on equipment used within the team.
- Picking and packing of orders to customer specification.
- Checking and replenishing stock.
- Assisting goods in/out.
- Warehouse and yard maintenance to ensure a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Operate a forklift ensuring the safe movement of cargo across the site
- Support the wider Pallet Network team by undertaking other duties to cover team absence and/or peaks in the business
- Manual handling activities as required, to include but not limited to, container handballing
- Work to all Company H&S and Compliance requirements
- Ensure H&S and Compliance requirements are complied with by the team and other colleagues
Experience, Skills & Attributes:
- Minimum of 3 years warehouse team supervision within a busy pallet based freight or logistics operation
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and lead a small team
- Ability to multitask with a calm and flexible approach
- Positive attitude
- Methodical and organised approach
- Enthusiasm to learn and to progress through experience and training
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision within broad guidelines
- Excellent levels of commitment and motivation.
- Team player
- Valid Forklift Licence (FLT) and Manual Handling Certifiction
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Sean Lennon on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs