Our client, an Irish company specialising in the manufacturing of high performance cements, are currently recruiting a Weighbridge Operative. The role is based at their production plant in Ringsend. The successful applicant will be responsible for the management of the weighbridges which supports the distribution of our products in Ireland. The role also includes aspects around loading trucks, weighbridge dockets and admin surrounding this, with some IT skills required. Helping drivers and ensuring a safe working operation for all.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the Weighbridge System and support the Plant Manager / Production Team in relation to the management of the logistics operations at the plant to ensure smooth operations.
- Truck loading and weighbridge activities and issuing of weighbridge dockets,
- Assistance in the stock control of the plant.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the role to ensure full ownership.
- Maintaining and / or implementing good working practices & procedures to ensure that departments run efficiently and with professionalism.
- Assist in the unloading of raw materials. Loading of bulk finished products,
- Housekeeping as per instructions given by Management Team
- Must have a flexible working approach to the role in order to respond to the demands of the business
- Other tasks and activities in line with instructions given by the plant management team
- Experience in a transport setting including, but not limited to, the operation of a weighbridge, loading / unloading of product with 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Attention to detail and accurate reporting with right first-time attitude.
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, Outlook) skills.
- Ability to learn new systems.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player with the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A hands-on approach with the ability to maintain priorities and deadlines.
- The role would suit someone who has previous logistics experience in the concrete / cement / production industries.
Schedule: Permanent, Full time
- Mon – Fri split shifts of 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10 pm.
- Other hours as required to ensure the smooth running of the logistics operation.
Salary: €Neg - DOE
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact
Danielle Lynch on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in
The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs