The Workshop Technician is responsible for assembling/disassembling and testing of products according to a weekly plan. They will also assist in and cooperate with team members on Corrective Action Reports as required. The general working day will be 07.30- 15.30, Monday - Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for using the correct PPE, obeys required Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) processes and procedures.
- Is responsible for meeting the daily production targets with respect to quality, volume and efficiency. Collaborates with, other zone members and the Zone Leader in establishing priorities, ensures customer due dates are met.
- Inspects parts, assemblies, and systems. Follows inspection criteria defined in Work Instructions, drawings, schematics, or other technical data as required.
- Daily checks calibrated tooling prior to its use.
- Performs leak tests and assists in troubleshooting leak test failures.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures. Follows and complies with assigned tasks.
- Promptly reports problems to management and seeks assistance towards resolution of more complex problems.
- Maintains working area in accordance with good housekeeping practices and 6S standards as defined by management.
- Maintains established quality and time standards. Provides input and feedback for continuous improvement.
- Completes all required paperwork accurately and according to work instructions.
- Raises issues, observations at SIM2 meetings.
- Follows the Kanban lean manufacturing scheduling system.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in manufacturing or similar
- Ability to work with hand and power tools
- Good PC literacy; experience with SAP an advantage
- Ability to read drawings, schematics, and published specifications
- Some knowledge of English is a huge advantage
- Willingness to work in shifts, time flexibility, detailed oriented person
Full time, Permanent
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Sean Lennon on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs