Air Freight Pricing Specialist, Shannon
- Freight Forwarding
- Clare, Limerick
This role will support the Commercial Manager, Air Freight and the Air Freight Product Management Team, Branches, Network and Sales/Vertical to maximise the number of business wins. The successful candidate will be required to become knowledgeable in the area of Air Freight pricing through our Airline Partners, Gateway, Branches, Overseas Network Colleagues and Local Colleagues. The successful candidate will need to be driven, analytical and strategic - always challenging the business, externally and internally with a view to constant improvement and contributing to incremental growth in revenue and tonnage YOY.
- Facilitating all pricing elements of Global, Network, Local and Project Tenders.
- Analysing bid information to ensure a thorough understanding of requirements and communicating this to the business.
- Analysing data for existing business to facilitate tenders.
- Support all areas of the business across all verticals, especially in the areas of Aerospace, Healthcare, Industrial, Electronics and Automotive.
- Liaising with our wider UK&IE Air Freight team and external partners to procure best solutions and pricing.
- Quickly become familiar with overseas markets and rates, develop an awareness within the team on same and ensure that rates being offered externally and internally are in line with what we would know to be accurate and challenging same.
- Cross Trade pricing support by interacting with 3rd party countries to enable competitive freight costs in bids.
- Good understanding of Commercial Air Freight and Integrators to introduce best pricing options, across their different products and offering.
- Hitting internal deadlines for management to allow time for the right evaluations and decision making prior to external deadlines.
- Completing analysis and collating information post submission.
- Preparing approach for subsequent rounds of pricing in open bids.
- Good team player with a natural desire to succeed.
- A high competence in Excel is required for this role.
- Good awareness of timelines and prioritisation.
- Ability to work under own initiative and bring new ideas to the wider team.
- A positive attitude and a willingness/ability to learn and bring value to our department on a daily basis.
- Working in a pricing environment so ease of operating around within templates very beneficial.
- Strong Organisational skills (Maintenance of rate cards/database/logs)
- Good interpersonal skills, written and spoken.
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability and interest to increase knowledge
- Previous work in a pricing environment.
- Experience in business analysis
- PowerPoint and Word experience.
- Visio skills
Full time permanent
To €45,000 plus corporate benefits
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling Tighe on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/