Customs Clearance Supervisor - Dublin South
- Freight Forwarding
- Dublin City Centre, Dublin South
Well established Dublin South Logistics Company now require a Customs Compliance Supervisor/manager within their Freight division. The successful candidate will manage and be responsible for all areas within the Customs department on behalf of the business, ensuring a timely, efficient and professional level of service, on all customs related matters, whilst at all times ensuring that the company’s compliance is maintained.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Directs, manages, and maintains overall customs compliance procedures on behalf of the company
- Develops and deploys standardised policies, processes and best practices to ensure compliance with customs and other applicable worldwide regulations
- Acts as focal point and strategic advisor on behalf of the group in relation to all customs matters
- Management and development of the employees within the department
- Liaising with Customers and relevant authorities to assist with customs related matters
- Fully conversant with import and export rules and regulations. Maintaining, understanding and keeping up-to-date with changes as they occur, so as to be able to advise customers / the company on all customs related matters
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices which assist the department / company
- Responsible for the handling of all aspects of the Customs Department
- Work closely with the Finance team co-ordinating payment of Import VAT and Import Duties
- Compile and evaluate data for various weekly, monthly, and annual reports
- Develop, maintain and regular review / audit / updating of compliance related processes and procedures
- Carry out any further tasks as specified by the Manager
- 5+ years’ experience in Customs Compliance, Logistics and Freight
- Demonstrated experience in all related Customs matters
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to identify very complex problems, review related information, develop and analyse options, and recommend solutions
- Basic skills on standard software (e.g. MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc.).
- Time management and prioritisation
- Please kindly note that you need to have an EU Working Permit (Orientation Year Visa not included) in order to proceed for this position.
Full time permanent
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity please contact Danielle Lynch - [email protected]/01 8326330
Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you meet the minimum pre-requisite requirements as our clients have instructed us that they do not wish to receive applications from candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements.
To keep in touch with the latest industry news follow us on Twitter, Facebook or sign up to our monthly newsletter at www.logiskills.ie
Logiskills are leading recruitment specialists for the manufacturing, freight & logistics industries. Roles we typically recruit for include; air, sea and road freight forwarding; warehouse; distribution; transport; logistics; supply chain; materials; purchasing; procurement; engineering; manufacturing; production; finance; accountant; customer service; admin; accounts; coordination; clerk; agent; supervisor; manager; management