This is a key role in bridging the gap between commercial and supply chain for Amazon globally at the client. This person will be responsible for driving programs to unlock more efficient and profitable ways of selling. This person would own the monthly-updated Operational Manual, understanding all intricacies that impact operational KPIs. They would be responsible for driving key projects, such as evaluating and implementing direct import as a fulfillment method or partnering with the Operations team to develop improved eCommerce packaging. Ultimately, this role would allow the business to be more agile with supply and more profitable in reaching our goals.
The ideal candidate should have a strong entrepreneurial attitude, be passionate about how products are brought to Amazon and ultimately the consumer, most effectively. This person is someone who can both dive deep and earns trust across many stakeholders. The client is not yet the finished article, so this is a BUILDER role. They should excel in both strategic thinking and tactical execution, as responsibilities range from creating business plans to driving development.
In joining this team, you will have the opportunity to both build and operate in an ambiguous fast-paced environment and will drive initiatives that improve sales and process improvement within retail and operations. The client is seeking a highly organized, self-starting individual that possesses strong data extraction and analytical capabilities. You must demonstrate a passion for the retailer experience. Fearless but thoughtful in your pursuit of results and thrive in a high-energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
- Develop, maintain, and grow the relationships to help transform the supply chain- attending weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings with Amazon ISM’s
- Optimise the performance with Amazon: ultimately driving more availability and less chargebacks through establishing new processes. Facilitate cross-company knowledge share of operationally relevant Amazon industry developments prompting preparation and action
- Own the Amazon operational KPIs, development of regional Pan EU Amazon operations dashboard, addressing key operational metrics including efficient receive compliance and VLT
- Manage SKU/DC inventory levels to within established targets to prevent stock-outs and overstock situations, especially during product transitions (Bio, promotional packaging, new items and phase out items)
- Manage stock transfer process between customer ship-to locations and the client's DCs
- Coordinate with Supply Planner on inbound shipments to 3PL provider and support inventory deployment strategy.
- Partner with Demand Planning Manager and Supply Planner to manage product transitions, both end of life and new product introductions
- Drive S&OP for Amazon vertical - system enhancements, check functionalities of the planning tool, and troubleshoot in case there are problems
- Issue resolution around order and payment reconciliation and ensure accurate billing
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for inventing cutting edge ideas to drive innovation and results
- Develop project plans that align with the defined Global Amazon strategy
- Launch and develop innovative packaging programmes: to build stronger partnerships with Global Amazon & to bring more convenience to the consumers
- Review and optimize route to market for major key Amazon markets – USA, UK, Germany, France, etc (including exploring 1P, FBA and direct import)
- Creating complex models and analysing trade off decisions to ensure the best outcome
- Continuous improvement: Conduct customer reviews to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Ensure operational compliance globally targeting zero chargebacks
- Form cross-functional project teams, planning, organizing, managing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders
- Work well and building bridges with external Amazon partners alongside internal partners
- Partner in setting the Amazon Supply Chain & Operations strategy to maximize service levels
- Own service performance and customer-measured vendor compliance, addressing key operational metrics including efficient receive compliance and VLT
- Enable the Amazon team to develop and grow strategic partnerships for both new and existing Amazon relationships - including but not limited to direct import capabilities
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A minimum of 7+ years of supply chain management experience with or at Amazon (or equivalent)
- Experience in FMCG is considered an advantage
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree highly preferred
- Highly analytical, capable of turning raw data into information and insights
- Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem-solving, and communicating recommendations
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Must possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done
- Demonstrated experience leading and owning cross-functional programs
- Experience in building new solutions in highly ambiguous environments
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude, and high proficiency in creating and managing advanced models
- Demonstrated success in thinking strategically and executing methodically
- Willingness to travel (occasional)
Full time, permanent
For a confidential exploratory discussion on this or any other current opportunity, please contact Aisling Tighe
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs