EU Road Freight / Transport Manager, Dublin North
- Freight Forwarding
- Dublin North
- Dublin North
Global Logistics company in Dublin North is now accepting applications for a European Road Freight Forwarding /Transport Manager to take over responsibility for a Bespoke Department. This role will manage and coordinate all European transport and forwarding activities for specific Global Contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Manage forwarding Import and Export Team.
- Day to day management and direct assistance of the Operations team to ensure all transactions are processed timely and accurately in line with company procedures and expectations.
- Manage hours and holidays to ensure adequate cover in place when required.
- Ensure all staff are up to date with training and fully comply with legislation and industry norms.
- Ensure staff are cross-trained to provide cover where required.
- Ensure full compliance with company health and safety policy.
- Manage staff appraisals in line with company policy.
- Manage relations and services with European agents.
- Ensure all agents operate in line with company agreements for service levels and pricing.
- Set up and manage regular meetings to review performance and pricing.
- Agree where required specific pricing or services.
- Review new agent opportunities and make recommendations to the senior management team.
- Five years Supply Chain Management/Transport experience.
- 3rd Level Degree in Transport & Logistics, Business Degree or Industrial Equivalent.
- Full comprehension of the English language – both written and spoken along with another European language is desirable but not essential.
- Proven record in Route Development.
- Proven record in Team Management with a demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and manage a team.
- Proven capacity to adopt and promote a teamwork style within departments and across an Organisation.
- Demonstrated relevant sectoral knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management and strong commercial awareness.
- Dynamic & dedicated with proven levels of high conformance & performance.
- Positive, Can-Do attitude & ability to work as part of a team.
- Computer Literate
- Proven ability to work effectively in a corporate culture
- Demonstrated ability to work positively work in a changing environment
- Proactive knowledge and support for H&S best practices and requirements
Negotiable, entirely based upon experience (excellent package available)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Wesley Fitzgibbon on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/