General Manager (Logistics / Ecommerce) Dublin N
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Dublin North
- Dublin North
Established Logistics company now requires a General Manager with Irish commercial Logistics distribution experience for their Dublin depot. High volume Ecommerce, Pick & Pack Operation.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, you will ensure that sufficient resources (labour & equipment) are planned and available to ensure the routine achievement of all operational activities and deadlines associated to customers based at the Dublin site.
Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the existing customer’s requirements in order to ensure customer satisfaction and service level agreements are maintained in order to maintain and improve effective relationships with the customer.
- Strict control for all associated expenditure / fixed / agreed costs for each contract.
- Labour budget for the site.
- Control of an annual budget.
- Direct reports up to 60 colleagues.
- To work with the Operations Manager by analysing internal supply chain for Dublin based customers to identify further opportunities and recommendations for improvements through the use of innovation that enhance the quality of our service provision and reduce cost or reduce waste.
- Have an understanding of the Company’s financial planning and reporting processes, providing timely, accurate and understandable information, which assists with the control of the site budgets.
- To provide effective feedback to colleagues on the Company’s performance against agreed KPI’s and service level agreements. Ensuring the continued development of colleague engagement activities such as EOM and staff forums
- Liaise with Operations Manager to ensure employees compliance of Health & Safety policies and procedures. Ensuring the training of individual team members in manual handling and DSE risk assessments to include regular reviews of workplace environment and 6’s good housekeeping practices.
- To drive and encourage reports to ensure that the sites health and safety record is exceptional and that audit scores are maintained within appropriate levels.
- To work to ensure that all mandatory training is completed (to include refresher training and re-assessments).
- To take proactive steps to ensure that stock integrity for each contract is maintained and security measures to prevent shrinkage and loss are adhered to, including routine audits and stock taking by working with the Manager responsible for site security.
- To liaise with immediate operational peers on a daily basis to ensure that robust plans and adequate resources required for the routine successful delivery of the customers goods are in place.
- Attend meeting or reviews and provide effective feedback on the Company’s performance against agreed KPI and service level agreements. Ensuring the continued development of effective customer relationship management that complies with company standards expectations and values.
- To be aware of company escalation and processes for dealing with serious incidents and events and to routinely report areas of operational non-conformance or service failures to the relevant agency
- To identify and develop immediate reports and high potential colleagues through the use of performance management tools and techniques by supporting and using the Company’s appraisal process.
- Take a proactive approach in delivering consistency and fairness to establish effective employee relations that are in line with company people policies by ensuring that reports are aware of their actions and behaviors at all times to act as role models.
- Adherence to all internal HR policies, procedures and practices that encourage and foster the desired relationships with all employees, ensuring that operational reports take the necessary action to address poor performance or non-compliance
- Work with Operations Manager to develop an effective and robust training plans with the HR function that ensure the site is compliant with all mandatory training (manual handling training / ratio of first aid staff etc) and that an effective and auditable training matrix for the site is established and maintained.
- To carry out effective appraisals for all direct report i.e. Shift Managers or Operations Manager ensuring the setting of stretching business objectives and personal development objectives for the period to address any performance concerns and to support the sites development & succession plan.
- Resolving operational issues to minimise service disruptions and maximise efficiency of the operation
- Must have a good understanding and appreciation of Logistics industry and a level of expertise within the Industry, specifically in high-volume Pick & Pack Site Management.
- Must have a general appreciation of HR / Finance / IT / H&S /
- An ability to problem solve mainly within scope of polices and procedures however previous experiences may be required or called upon.
- Must be able to deal with short / medium term plans and consider long term activities from a Commercial Perspective
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Min. 5 years senior management experience within the Irish distribution industry
- Commercial awareness and ability to multi-task
- Level 4 / 5 ILM / NVQ or similar qualification
- Understanding & practical experience of managing a budget in excess of £XM
- Ability to conduct presentations to customers and colleagues alike
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels
- Ability to gain respect of reports and drive improvement.
- Several years operational experience in a related sector- Degree level qualification is ideal but not essential
- Proven track record dealing with conflict resolution to achieve the desired positive outcome
Terms: Permanent, full-time
Package Excellent package on Offer
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/