Graduate Import/Export Operator - Dublin North
- Freight Forwarding
- Dublin North
Graduate Import/Export Operator - For an Irish owned Freight Forwarding company based in Dublin North
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate looking to start there career in Freight Forwarding.
Our client is a Privately Owned Freight Forwarding company that is looking to hire a Graduate in Transport, Logistics or Freight Forwarding.
This role will give you the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience within Road, Sea, and Customs.
You will be trained but the Operations Manager and also be offered to undertake site courses.
Starting Salary: €21,000 to €23,000
Working hours: 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
(Flexibility required for Thursday and Friday busy days)
Day to day operations in a busy office environment to include:
- Dealing with customers:
- Quotations from direct & indirect customers
- Processing of Bookings (Groupage & Full Loads)
- Customs clearance / shipping documentation / insurance
- Organise collections & / or deliveries with suppliers / hauliers / partners
- Negotiate rates with suppliers when applicable
- Invoicing customers and process suppliers’ invoices
Other activities such as:
- Ferry bookings
- Reporting such as Ametas, etc…
- Other administrative duties (filing, etc…)
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the role to ensure full ownership.
- Liaise with overseas partners to ensure the department is proactive in providing a quality operational performance.
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as required by the Managing Director
- Graduate in Transport, Logistics or Supply Chain Management (Essential)
- Fluent English (Essential)
- Excellent administrative skills: follow through tasks, queries etc. to completion
- Excellent organisation, time management and planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills verbal and written
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- A hands-on approach with the ability to maintain priorities and deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands
- A strong desire for continuous learning and a desire to grow professionally
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Megan Scally on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts athttps://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/