Procurement Admin - Contract
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Kerry, Limerick
Our client is looking for a Procurement Administrator for a 2-months contract in there HQ based in Limerick.
This role will be to manage and ensure supply of parts in the most cost-effective way, including the transfer of current parts and the on-boarding of new suppliers & parts for new projects.
This is a contract for 2-Months
- Work with the new business implementation team to onboard new suppliers;
- Responsible for the effective coordination of the material planning, purchasing and production scheduling function and ensuring timely delivery to customers of finished products;
- Be able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with existing and new suppliers;
- Work with relevant procurement personnel and/or suppliers to expedite shortages and urgent shipments;
- Communicate regularly with vendors and provide reports to customers as required.
- Ensure that control, recording systems and procedures fully meet our client’s requirements;
- Ensure timely escalation and elimination of roadblocks;
- Responsible for scheduling meetings and reviews with suppliers;
- Provide regular updates to internal Account Manager;
- View and process Purchase Requisitions and SAP Purchase Orders while implementing strategies, policies & procedures.
Education and Skills:
- Vendor Management Expertise;
- Be proactive & results driven;
- Demonstrate a strong ability to negotiate with vendors for maximum benefit;
- Must have strong communications skills & have excellent interpersonal skills and work with different functions within the organisation;
- Team player with the ability to work well in a pressurised environment to demanding objectives;
- Able to work under their own initiative and make sound commercial decisions.
- Working knowledge of SAP;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc;
- APICS/IIPMM or equivalent is desirable.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Megan Scally on 01 832 6330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/