Road and Sea Freight Forwarder, Kilkenny
- Freight Forwarding
- Kilkenny, Tipperary
Long Established Irish family-owned Freight Forwarder, specialising in European Road and Sea Freight, now seek to hire an experienced Freight Forwarder to work in their busy operations department. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will have the responsibility to assist with organizing the daily freight functions, as per the companies and clients requirements and maintain a high level of customer service.
This role holds a high level of responsibility and reports directly to Senior Management and will require you to work as part of a team and contribute to the efficiency of the overall department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organizing, planning and monitoring freight movements from European Partners to Ireland.
- Provide excellent customer service to the client base.
- Liaise on a daily basis with the European Partners through email, phone etc.
- Liaising with clients, sub-contractors, Partners, warehouse and other essential personnel to ensure efficient flows of information to all parties.
- Perform administration tasks efficiently and to a high standard
- Ensure all queries and requests are dealt with accurately, courteously and promptly.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years transport / forwarding experience in a busy Logistics/Transport environment
- Solid PC Skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and a strong team player
- Italian, French, Spanish or another language would be an asset but not a prerequisite.
Full time, Permanent, with excellent career prospects.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Nicola Murphy on 021 233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
Our latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/