Senior Automation Design Engineer
This market leading, globally recognised engineering design and manufacturing company in West Cork now seeks to hire a Lead Engineer. The business’s clients, stretching from the US to the Far East, are globally recognised household names and the reputation of the business rests solely on the quality of their work and service.
This new role is strategically important to the business and as such is a priority hire: consequently, it needs someone who is ambitious, driven and passionate about providing top level customer satisfaction through engineering skill.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Technical lead for a team of 8 engineers assembling advanced PC & PLC controlled machines.
- Management of resources from purchase order acquisition through to resource scheduling and de-bugging.
- Co-ordinate and lead product installation and technical support.
- Maintenance and calibration of equipment.
- Assist with new product development and design improvement of existing products.
- Travel to client sites globally.
- Commercial responsibility for growing capability within existing clients.
- Develop and implement pricing models for long-term maintenance contracts with clients.
- Good working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and PLC control elements of machines – essential.
- Strong working knowledge of electrical wiring diagrams – essential
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role in a related industry
- B.Eng. in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering or similar
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills – exceed customer expectations
- Strong planning capability
- Good attention to detail and flexibility of approach – the ability to task-switch quickly and effectively depending on client and project requirements
- Must work well as part of a team
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work under one’s own initiative and to actively contribute to a multi-disciplined project team
- Commercial creativity with the ability to think on your feet and be resourceful in a very dynamic business and high-worth industry.
Package: Basic salary to €70,000 per annum
Terms: Perm-Full Time
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Aisling on 021-233 9200 / [email protected]
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/
Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you meet the minimum prerequisite requirements as our clients have instructed us that they do not wish to receive applications from candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements. Logiskills are leading recruitment specialists for the manufacturing, freight & logistics industries. Roles we typically recruit for include; air, sea and road freight forwarding; warehouse; distribution; transport; logistics; supply chain; materials; purchasing; procurement; engineering; manufacturing; production; finance; accountant; customer service; admin; accounts; coordination; clerk; agent; supervisor; manager; management.