Transport & Logistics Analyst EMEA - Athlone
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- € 55000 - € 65000
- Westmeath, Roscommon
Our Client is looking to hire a Transport & Logistics Analyst EMEA for the HQ based in Athlone.
This is a priority role.
Responsible for the design, maintenance, accuracy and issuing of reports and analytics from the Global Transport Control Tower. As well as gathering and validating of performance data from our suppliers. The role will be responsible for the financial analytics on all EMEA freight spend and will support Global Freight as needed.
The focus will be to operationalise the use of big data, generating insights that convert the potential value of big data into real, tangible business value. The majority of the analytics will be Finance or Performance related in the area of EMEA Transportation.
- Importing, cleaning, transforming, validating or modelling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes.
- Design and build dashboards, relational databases for collecting data and building or designing data input or data collection screens.
- Analysing data and applying statistical techniques to detect and interpret patterns and trends, assess data quality and eliminate irrelevant data.
- Design, maintenance and issue of weekly/monthly financial reports on the Global Transport spend.
- Provide support to Transport Manager in EMEA by collecting, validating and report on Supplier KPIs.
- Maintenance of Freight Rate cards and detailed analytics required to support RFQs
- Design reports to support business requirements
- Work within Global Transport to identify key reporting needs and translate these requirements for IT development
- Develop project plans to support high complexity reports
- Investigate reporting issues to determine root cause and corrective actions
- Consolidate data across disparate ERP or other external systems to provide a single global reporting view of Transport spend
Essential Skills / Experience:
- 5+ year’s experience working data analytics or business intelligence
- High excel proficiency
- Proven track record of translating business requirements to IT technical requirements
- Experience of providing administration support for web-based applications in quality or logistics or supply chain or transport.
- Background in / Experience of Business Process Engineering methods
- +5 Years SQL skills, & experience with visualisation software such as Tableau or Power BI. (Tableau preferred)
- Transformational Change / Project Admin or Support Experience desirable.
- Previous analytical work in L&D, Transport/Freight forwarding experience preferred
Degree, preferable Postgrad with a background in Computer Science, or Engineering or Mathematical Sciences or Business Analytics / Information
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Megan Scally on 01 832 6330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/