Long established distribution company now seek an experienced Transport Manager to oversee the daily operational activity of the Dublin distribution depot, being responsible for the line management of the team, transport management and health and safety. Day to day work location may vary as needed due to customer visits, satellite responsibilities and engagement with the wider operations organization in Cork and Belfast.
- Operational responsibilities for the HGV tanker vehicle fleet, drivers and Garage facilities encompassing RSA responsibilities including Driver Hours, Tachograph and Working Time legislation.
- Pro-actively manage and takes responsibility for Health & Safety issues and ensure legal compliance for the team and Bulk Distribution Depot including Garage facility and satellite locations where Cork team is active.
- Overseeing day-to-day challenges including systems, vehicle maintenance, access to sites, adverse weather and traffic conditions that may require immediate resolution to maintain service integrity.
- Visiting customer sites to carry out risk assessments where deemed necessary.
- Manage staffing levels to ensure effective resource management of the Bulk Driver team.
- Mentor, develop and train the team to improve efficiencies and meet individual, team and company goals.
- Participate in the hiring process of new employees and judge the suitability for contract extension.
- Acting to avoid personnel and trade union raised conflicts and resolve them when they occur to ensure a productive, co-operative work atmosphere is maintained and promoted.
- Holding regular one to one’s and periodic reviews to set goals and develop the teams to meet their individual, team and company goals.
- Attend external industry related seminars and conferences relevant to logistics and distribution to ensure we remain compliant with any changes in legislation that is appropriate to the business.
- Focus on the continuous improvement of Depot operational performance, identifying opportunities for improvement and highlighting avoidable critical situations that could be either customer or operations centric.
- Design, implement & deliver KPIs, produce statistical system data reports and other measurable data to further drive efficiencies.
- Managing Depot Telematics systems to design, implement & deliver KPIs, produce statistical system data reports and other measurable data to further drive efficiencies.
- On-call responsibility as well as availability for our out of hour incidents.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role which will include experience with the direct responsibility for a team of drivers, garage facilities, vehicle fleet and associated budgets, preferably in a unionised environment.
- Transport Management (BSc degree) Level 7 or Transport CPC or alternative level Logistics Qualification.
- A strong background in Safety Management and driving continuous improvement
- Sound knowledge and experience in using IT systems.
- NEBOSH Certificate is a strong advantage.
- Dangerous goods transport (ADR) experience an advantage.
- A CPC in Road Transport qualification
- Customer-facing logistics experience is an advantage.
- Results and customer-oriented.
- Strong communication, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Sound appreciation of the principles of effective distribution.
- Commercially minded with financial acumen.
- Strategic thinker.
Full time, permanent
€Neg, bonus + car/allowance + pension
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/