Warehouse Supervisor - Dublin West
- Warehousing & Transport
- Dublin West
- € 40000 - € 45000
- Dublin West, Dublin City Centre
Our client who has been operating in the Irish retail sector for over 60 years, is now looking for an experienced warehouse supervisor to join their team in Dublin West.
The primary purpose of the role is to oversee the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods. To supervise the warehouse team of workers and deal with personnel issues such as the recruitment and training of staff. To oversee picking, packing and distribution activity.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise, plan and organise the goods inwards, materials handling, dispatch co-ordination, and reverse logistics functions and personnel.
- Ensure shipping schedules are achieved and consistently meet company and customer requirements.
- Ensure all equipment documentation is maintained and up to date and in accordance with the quality system.
- Supervise the daily warehouse schedule as well as managing all aspects of the daily warehouse plan and planning process.
- Ability to read CAD drawings and cut sheets of wood to specification when required.
- Coordinate effectively with Production, Sales, Customer Service and external customers and resolve all queries in a timely manner.
- Maintain effective open communication within the team and foster cross-functional relationships.
- Promote a positive approach to Quality amongst employees, while fostering an approach to continuous improvement /6 Sigma/LEAN practices.
- Facilitate investigation, troubleshooting and reporting on system failures, product defects and customer complaints.
- Maintain work areas, equipment and supplies in a manner, which conforms to the requirements particularly quality, housekeeping and safety.
- Actively promote and participate in improvement groups, to improve quality, reduce costs, eliminate waste and improve working methods, conditions and communications.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies.
- Achieve 100% order fulfilment rate (incl. spare parts).
- Achieve 100% inventory and location accuracy (omit declined lines and inventory adjustments.).
- Assist management with the planning and implementation of year-end Warehouse Inventory Counting Project.
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
- Any other duties outlined by your Line Manager
- Able to read CAD drawings and experience cutting sheets of wood is essential.
- Safe Pass is advantageous.
- Full driving licence not essential but advantageous.
- Forklift licence an advantage.
- Manual handling
- Must have strong organisation, time management and planning skills.
- Must have experience with inventory control.
- Strong knowledge of technical specifications of products and installations.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in a similar role is essential.
- A minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience is a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Experience of using hand tools and power tools.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong demeanour as role can place physical demands.
- Must be self-motivated and passionate about process improvement.
- Able to work overtime or shiftwork.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to prioritise accordingly.
- Pro-active, strategic and lateral thinker.
- Encourages and drives a continuous improvement ethos.
- Customer-focused and driven
Permanent, full-time. Monday - Friday 8 am till 4:30 pm (a degree of flexibility is required during busy periods).
€40,000 - €45,000 per year (DOE)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact David Donegan on 01 8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/