Warehouse Team Manager - Dublin 17
- LSR5489 - DLM1
- Warehousing & Transport
- € 40000 - € 50000
- Dublin North
Our Client, a well established Supply Chain company now requires a Warehouse Team Manager based in Dublin 17.
As a Warehouse Team Manager you will be running an operational section of our business, overseeing the vast activity to ensure that we are meeting our customers’ needs and pushing to exceed them at all times.
This opportunity covers Day shifts (any 5 from 7), running a warehouse of up to 50 operatives.
Reporting into the Site Operations Manager, you will hold primary responsibility for the effective running of a 60,000ft2 warehouse. The operation runs 24/7 and so a degree of flexibility to support the needs of the business will be required.
You will be dedicated to ensuring your people engaged, well managed and perform to the highest standards against set key performance indicators. You will act as an advocate of the culture, values and safety standards. You'll also hold regular briefings and meetings with your team, providing them with a platform to suggest their own ideas to improve overall service standards to our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Having a clear operational plan – always bearing in mind the bigger picture and the end customer whose standards and expectations we need to meet.
- Understanding the wider business objectives and in line with this, looking for ways in which to reduce cost, improve service etc.
- Investigating any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in future.
- Leading the way in terms of best practice regarding safety and ensuring your team understand the importance of being safe in the workplace at all times.
- Quickly and efficiently record and report any safety incidents that may arise.
- Addressing issues such as disciplinaries, grievances, absences etc.
- Assisting in the recruitment of new team members in line with our values and behaviours.
- Evaluate the performance of both permanent employees and agency staff and provide constructive and clear feedback to aid in personal & professional development.
- Strong stock management/inventory experience
- Experience working in a similar, task based role within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent management style – encouraging, inspiring and enabling the team around you to be the very best they can be.
- An innovative approach to leadership – being creative and implementing new ways to improve performance.
- The ability to identify and evaluate potential risks and develop solutions.
- A good understanding of reporting and recording performance statistics.
- Strong IT skills, having a good understanding of computers (Excel and MS Office Suite) and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
Full time, Permanent (5 over 7 days)
07:00am - 15:30/16:30pm - Approx hours
€40,000 - €50,000 (DOE)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please
contact Danielle Lynch on 01-8326330 / [email protected]
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/